This unit of study / practice focuses on;
- Working with Adobe Illustrator as a tool to develop character designs for a range of graphic settings.
- Understanding the nature of ‘character design’
- Understanding the role and significance of concept and concept sketches.
See more here
Core Illustrator skills addressed in this course include;
- Creating new documents
- Setting document parameters
- Working with art-boards
- Working with multiple documents
- Working with the selection, direct selection and multiple selection tools
- Working with the pen tool
- Working with the add, delete and convert anchor point tools
- Working with the line , shape, brush, pencil tool, smooth tool and path eraser tools
- Editing paths
- Working with the rotate and reflect tools
- Creating fills and gradient fills
- Stroking and applying colour to a path
- Placing an image into a document
- Understanding the document set-up dialog
- Working with live paint and live trace
- Transforming objects
- Understanding and working with the Effects dialog
As you work through this project these tutorials are here to remind you of the basics in Illustrator, just in case…..