Assessment Task 3
Your Personal Project is a design project of your own choosing.
Areas of design practice can include, but are not limited, to the following;
- Applied arts,
- Communication design,
- Data Visualization,
- Fashion design,
- Game design,
- Graphic design,
- Information design,
- Industrial design,
- Instructional design,
- Interaction design,
- Interior design,
- Landscape architecture,
- Lighting design,
- Multimedia design,
- Product design,
- Process design,
- Service design,
- Software design,
- Sound design,
- Transition Design,
- Urban design,
- Visual design and Web design.
The documentation process will be determined by the type of project undertaken. For the most part however, use the following as a guide;
- Develop a project concept.
- Construct a brief for the project.
- Construct a timeline where applicable (gantt chart) see example below.
- Where materials are involved construct a costings proposal.
- Establish your target audience and provide evidence of research.
- Document research that investigates what has been developed by other designers in your chosen area.
- Document the development of your proposal (photographs or screen shots).
- Complete the project and present it in a manner consistent with your brief.
- Include the documentation and/or the completed project in your Portfolio.
Sample design briefs can be found on the school intranet at;
- student-data (\\WYNDHAMCOL-H1) (Q:)
- Yr 12 Visual Design 2020
- Personal Project
Jessi Hunt Personal Project Portfolio